Sunday, October 14, 2012

Chap 15. Apple Inc. Retailing



Retailing is the sale of goods and services to people with the intention of personal use. Apple is chain stores as they are owned and operated by the owners.  Reading a Forbes article contributed by Steve Denning states that Apple Inc.  Retailing goals is to delight the consumers with their operationalize steps to service.
These steps would include:
Approach customers with a personalized warm welcome;
Probe politely to understand all the customer’s needs;
Present a solution for the customer to take home today;
Listen for and resolve any issues or concerns;
End with a fond farewell and an invitation to return

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevedenning/2011/06/17/apples-retail-stores-more-than-magic/

Apple Inc. has a very big discipline rule in regards to employee’s not getting to work on time three times within three months should be fire as they should be there to assist there consumers at their schedule time of work. It is also a very long hiring process in regards to get a job at Apple Inc. In return for them hiring you to the company they expect all retailers’ staff to be honest in their job.
  In the apple store you'll find customer representatives who are there to help assist you in getting your right choice of technology device to suit your needs. They also have computer analyst that is even different from the regular representatives who can more help to assist you in finding the right device in the store in regards to your needs basis. I was looking at a Mac laptop. The price range is high but it is a high resolution, 768 gab, 4 GB memory ram, 2.7 cache speeds. The laptop is very expensive to think about switching from a Windows to a Mac. Regardless the Mac has many features, quality, and new technology that I am looking for as a consumer. Apple Inc. has a wide range of retailers all over the world. They also have stores such as Best Buy, Wal-Mart. Target and J&R just to name a few who sell their Apple brand products to consumers. I went to the Apple store in Grand Central to do a research on the Apple retailing. Upon my arrival at the store all I could see is a massive crowd of people trying out Apple I pads, getting information on IPhone 5 by selecting it on the I pad and consumers checking out the Mac computers. I went up to an Apple representative who then introduced me to a computer analyst. We started talking about my interest which was about me getting a Mac computer for Disc jockey gigs and producing. He explained both the Mac book Pro and the Mac book Pro Retina. I ask many questions. I ask if it normally that crowded in the Apple store he said it's normally even more crowded during the week. Above you can find a video of me taking a look at the different Apple Devices and below you can find pictures, video and voice recording of the customer representative and I speaking about the Mac computers.



Here's the link of me having a convo with a Apple customer Representative. http://soundcloud.com/djashanimad/talking-to-rep
Apple Mac Book Pro
Customers looking at the I pads in the Apple Store
Apple I phone 5
Consumers checking out the Phone
Apple sign entering and exiting the Grand Central Apple Store
They also offer College student discount for the Mac Book pro http://soundcloud.com/djashanimad/college-discount. You could also set up a payment plan that enables you to take the laptop out and pay $69 per month for it until fully paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment